Culloden Tower was built as a parkland ornament or folly in about 1746 on the estate of John Yorke MP. It is also known as The Cumberland Temple, in celebration of the victorious Duke of Cumberland's army over the forces of the pretender Prince Charles Edward Stuart at the battle of Culloden in 1745.
The tower was "rescued" in 1981 by the Landmark Trust, who undertook a full restoration of the property. It is currently available as a holiday let.
Location: Richmond North Yorkshire
Photographer: ©Keith Bailey - Suffolk Skies Photographic