An early morning aerial shot of Eye Airfield Business Park looking south. The business park is built on the site of the former Eye airfield. The runway can still be clearly seen running from the bottom left.
The airfield was opened on 1 May 1944 and was used by the United States Army Air Forces Eighth Air Force 490th Bombardment Group (Heavy). The group flew Boeing B-17 Flying Fortresses and Consolidated B-24 Liberators as part of the Eighth Air Force's strategic bombing campaign.
Location: Eye Airfield Suffolk
Photographer: ©Keith Bailey - Suffolk Skies Photographic